Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day Ten -- uh

Not a lot to say. My husband went out to find white chocolate macadamia nut cookies and was gone an hour. Just to get those cookies because my mother-in-law and I wanted them. Just think how it'll be if I ever get pregnant! He'll scour the whole city to find taiyaki for me. Mmm.. taiyaki.

I picked up the first three volumes of The Olympians. I'm afraid to read them right now because they're all in first person and I'm trying to write a book in third. I'm afraid it'll mess with my narrative voice. It usually does. Hm.

So, yeah. There's not really much else going on. We have to go to the dentist on Wednesday. Fun, fun. But you know what? Guess what happened.

My dad called to say hi.

Do you know how amazing that is? It's spectacular! He called to say HI. HI. That was the best thing ever. EVER. We talked for almost half an hour and that's something of a record, really, for us. Usually we talk for a minute or two and he passes the phone on to Mom. But Dad. He called me. HE called ME. Just to say hi!

That's not to say I don't have a good relationship with my dad. I do. It's the best thing ever. I'll forever be a Daddy's Girl, honestly. And I wouldn't change that for anything. Being in the Navy, he wasn't around a lot. So we didn't go to him as often as we did Mom. Then again, that sort of thing never really occurred to us, going to Dad because he was home. We were so used to going to Mom that we never thought to wonder if it hurt Dad to do that.

Now we live three hours apart and he calls me. Calls me for no reason at all other than to say hello and see what's up in my life. It's the highlight of my day, really. I was glowing when I got off the phone.

So there's my good thing for today. A couple of them. Cookies! Dad calling! It's a wonderful day even though work sucked. But work always sucks. We'll have to see what tonight brings, hm?

No comments:

Post a Comment