Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day Three and I kind of want to blog

Maybe it's weird to actually want to put thoughts up for anyone to read. But it's oddly liberating to just put it up there. I thought about it earlier as I sat in the bathroom, contemplating the bad night at work. I just want to smoke, blog, then go to sleep.

So far, I've eaten Chinese food, watched ANTM and smoked a few. Now I'm blogging. I might read more of "The Dragon Heir" or I might work on my own little project. Don't know yet. "Dragon Heir" is becoming really bogged down in super-intrigue. There's so much that the characters themselves are taking a back seat to their ambitions.

So the new coffee maker I got is amazing. It's a 12-cup that I can actually program. And stuff. I just love it. The coffee also brews hotter, which makes me think my old one of almost 8 years had the heating element going out. I found myself nuking (eugh) my java just after it brewed. And I don't put a lot of stuff into it.

Did I ever say I worked at a coffeeshop before? I did. For two years. I do miss it more than I would care to admit. And especially compared to my overnight job. It's freezing there and I just don't want to stay up all night anymore. I find more and more every day that I enjoy the sunshine, even if it's snow-- okay, it's stopped snowing now.

I'm actually downstairs on my desktop rather than cozied up in my bed on the laptop. I can look through the little arches that separate me from the livingroom and see the Christmas tree we've yet to take down, then the sliding glass doors beyond. The world is dreary, but it's a cheerful and bright kind of dreariness. It's blinding out there, but I know it's only about 4 F outside.

ANTM is the episode with the roaches. Jade goes t ofreak out Gina, and I feel really bad for Gina. Hm. Jade gets on my nerves.

I've gone from Dorals to Camel Wides. Work was out of Dorals, so I had to switch to something, but I find I like the Wides better anyway. Oh, it's snowing again. Such a sparkly kind of dry snow. Too cold for anything else, really.

I'm hungry and I kind of want to make those cupcakes I thought about last night, but it's getting late. Even though I would love to eat a warm cupcake with whipped vanilla frosting. I was thinking of putting the chocolate mix on the bottom, then the yellow on top, and switch it up for the others.

I think I'm gonna go and lie down. It might be about time for that. But I suddenly don't want to go to sleep. Ugh. My husband is working on his starships. Maybe I should do something creative. Perhaps drag out those posing books we got and draw a little. Thinking about creativity drains me right now.

Good night, world. I don't want to go to work tonight. Or any night at this job. It's horrid. Awful.

But I'll wake up to the smell of coffee that I don't have to consciously wait for. As long as I remember to set it.

That's the kicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment